Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Big Congratulations!

Ventura County Real Estate
Ventura County is such a wonderful place.  I love my community and love to share the stories and inspiration of the amazing people who live here.

As a member of the board for the Ventura College Foundation and an active Rotarian in the Rotary Club of Ventura, I am proud that we give out a Ventura College Foundation Phoenix Scholarship to one lucky recipient every year.  Our last recipient was Megan Roy.  Here is Megan's story in a lovely thank you letter that she sent after receiving her scholarship:

"I am grateful to be one of the recipients of the Rotary Club's Phoenix Scholarship.  Your generous gift is helping me get closer to my goal of being a nurse-midwife, and I am honored that you chose me to receive it.

I am a single mother of four sons.  I returned to college after my divorce, in hopes of being able to provide for my family.  In the fall, I hope to begin the nursing program at Ventura College, but that is not all I hope to do.  I want to go on to become a nurse midwife, and eventually get my doctorate in nursing practice.  With that, I hope to return to Ventura College to teach nursing or microbiology, so I can give back to the institution that has invested in me.  I also plan to work in the Ventura County community as a midwife, serving low-income mothers and babies.  Because of the Rotary Club's dedication to service and helping others by giving, I am that much closer to my goal.

Once again, I want to thank you for your generosity and for making this scholarship possible!"



No comments:

Post a Comment